“I asked my son one of Shaun’s Parent
Challenge questions from his list of 90 and it opened up a
dialogue I had no idea was there....loved
I just want to thank you for your High Impact Questions
and all the things I have learned from you and have been
applying to my dealings with each of my kids, not to mention
co-workers, clients, etc.
Through each challenging time that either of my kids has
experienced, I find myself asking questions that keep in
check my emotional ties, and instead, lay options and
opportunities in front of them. I know this sounds so
abstract, but for each of my kids there have been some big
decisions made in the last few months, and I was able to
help thanks to the High Impact Questions helping me form
questions to ask that lead to more discovery and
thoughtfulness. I know these questions have helped even if I
don't ask the specific question per se. I think about how to
ask the question in a way that helps further the
discussions. Though I definitely tried to do this before, I
was not as successful at it as I feel I am now. I am sure I
still have a long way to go!!
So, with that, I say THANK YOU!!
The Mental Edge invites you to participate in our 90-day Parenting
Challenge. This challenge is intended to help you cultivate a High
Impact relationship with your son or daughter.
As I tell all parents participating in our High Impact Parenting
Series, asking quality questions opens up the possibility of a
completely different kind of interaction with your child. With that
in mind, you will be given a series of High Impact Questions for the
next 90 days (30 days at a time) designed to open a door of
understanding into your child’s life that can give you a brand new
perspective on who your child is and how you might adjust your
parenting style to powerfully influence them.
1. Ask your son/daughter ONLY questions that are a part of the
questions provided for that 30 days.
2. If the response is not favorable do not lose hope it often takes
many days and sometimes weeks to see breakthrough. Many kids are
apathetic towards their parents and it takes some time to create a
3. Don't alter the questions too much. They are written the way they
are for a reason. Changing them too much alters the way they are
heard by kids and therefore works against the desired outcome.
4. Write with your feedback. I am interested in the outcomes.
Blessings to you as you go on this 90 day Journey!
High Impact Parenting Principles
Please also see our Parent Article that can be
found on our News Page:
Parent Challenge Questions:
Fear of Failure
1. What is one thing you would do if fear weren't a
part of your life?
2. What have you avoided in the past week because of fear?
3. What do I do as a parent that increases your fear?
4. What could I do differently to increase your courage?
5. How do you see fear active in my life? (Parent asking this to
What Captivates Our
1. What is one quality about you that gets overlooked?
2. What do you get recognized for?
3. What do you notice in others?
4. What is one passion you have that is unknown to most people?
5. Who is most likely to understand you at the deepest level?
PLEASE NOTE: Each month we publish an article specific to the
Click here to read the article
We welcome your comments and question anytime, we'd love to hear how
your journey with our Parent Challenge is going for you. Simply
click here to contact us!
Shaun and Dawn Goodsell